**$250 Sign-On Bonus**
Shifts open include:
- High school diploma or GED diploma
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and perform basic math computations as needed.
- Previous long term care experience preferred.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Environmental Services Director according to required department policies and procedures.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintains a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the department director.
- Be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- Adhere to infection control policies at all times.
- Adhere to correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Environmental Services Director.
- Dusts furniture, woodwork, equipment and dust-mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in rooms and bathrooms.
- Operates environmental services equipment (e.g., vacuums, floor cleaners, buffers, shampooers, etc.).
- Wet-mops rooms, halls and other areas; shampoos rugs and furniture.
- Cleans vents, fan fixtures, top of windows, door frames and other high surfaces.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials using specified bags and containers.
- Moves furniture and other heavy objects as required.
- Performs terminal cleaning procedures of resident rooms and prepares rooms for new admissions; follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
- Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls of bathrooms.
- Makes supply packs for departments and puts linen stacks in carts for distribution. Takes supply requests and delivers them.
- Delivers linen to departments according to pre-established par levels and schedules.
- Keeps work areas neat and orderly, cleans equipment and assists with other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Assists with evacuations, when needed.
Personal Skills and Traits Desired/ Physical Requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to exercise judgement.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring attitude.
- Ability to be organized and efficient.
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, perform overhead lifting and perform other common physical movements as needed for the position.
This job description is intended to convey the general scope of the major duties and responsibilities inherent in this position. Other tasks not listed here may be assigned by the Administrator. Periodic revision may be necessary to reflect changes in expectations placed on long term care by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). This job description will be reviewed and/or revised by the Administrator annually and as needed.
Individual performance will be evaluated using the following scale:
Unsatisfactory: Achieves results which are far less than the standards identified for the performance factors rated.
Needs Improvement: Achieves results which are less than the standards identified for the performance factors rated. Exhibits the potential to become a competent performer. May be new to job or need skill development.
Meets Standards: Achieves results which meet the standards identified for the performance factors rated. This rating is the expected level of performance.
Exceeds Standards: Achieves results which usually exceed the standards identified for the performance factors rated.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Work Location: In person