DMC Mechanical Contracting LLC is a local business in San Antonio, TX. We are professional, agile, and innovative.
DMC Mechanical Contracting LLC. has been providing HVAC, Plumbing, and Sheetmetal services to a wide range of high-profile customers in the San Antonio area since 2014. We service a wide range of clients including hospitals, research facilities, theme parks, government bases, and office buildings all of which depend on DMC to fill their facilities needs. Recently introducing Electrical & Building Automation Systems & Controls(BAS) Department.
Negotiating and consulting directly with the owners of DMC give our customers clear advantages over the competition.
With honest, reliable, and unique solutions, DMC is committed to providing our customers with the highest level of satisfaction. We pride ourselves on effective communication between our team and customers which is proven to build long lasting business relationships.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive. Additional duties may be assigned based on the needs of the company.
- Test electrical systems and continuity, ensuring wiring, equipment and fixtures are operating safely and properly.
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical systems such as: switch gear, motor controls, electrical panels, CT cabinets, conveyor systems, lighting, data network and power supplies.
- Ability to complete paperwork such as: work orders, timecard, etc.
- Inspecting systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects or the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance to electrical code.
- Troubleshoot electrical components, wiring diagram, transformers, motors, panels, and circuits.
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems or component(s), using test equipment and hand tools to locate and correct any problem.
- Perform after-hours work and on-call duty as scheduled.
- Be capable of performing a thorough and accurate electrical inspection and communicate findings to the customer and Service Operations
- Support operating policies, procedures, and system operations across a wide array of responsibilities.
- Some travel required
- Perform physically demanding tasks including trenching, moving / lifting heavy objects, and crawling through confined spaces.
- Be professional, pay attention to detail and communicate well to others
- Foreman level lob running abilities for small / special projects
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and/or CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be a Texas Licensed Journeyman
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the electrical trade.
- Must have own hand tools
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and blueprints
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Professional appearance and communication skills
- Must be physically able to lift heavy objects as necessary
- Proficiency to navigate tablet-based technology
- Some travel will be required
- Team player who can work independently
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Must have valid and current driver’s license
- Must be able to meet criteria to drive a company vehicle
- · paid vacation - after 90 Day probationary period , annual there-after
- · Paid holidays - after 90 Day probationary period
- · Excellent health, vision, & dental insurance with low employee cost
- · Simple IRA savings plan: matched by company according to Co policy
- Company Truck with fuel card
- Company Ipad
- Big tools provided/bought upon hiring
If you possess the required skills and experience for this position, we would love to hear from you. Apply now to join our team of skilled Journeyperson Electricians!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $38.00 per hour
Expected hours: 35 – 45 per week
- Dental insurance
- Fuel card
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Safety equipment provided
- Vision insurance
- Bonus opportunities
- Hourly pay
- Overtime pay
- Quarterly bonus
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends as needed
- Journeyman Electrician License (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person