Status: Full Time - Salary – Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Lifelong Learning
Schedule: Academic year, Monday-Thursday and Sunday mornings
Also required, one Friday evening a month
Summer schedule, Monday-Friday
Congregation Emanu-El, the first Reform Jewish synagogue in New York City, is hiring a full-time Assistant Director of its Lifelong Learning Department. The work of the department is to transform and revolutionize congregational education, including our Religious School, holiday celebrations, and family worship. Visit our website at https://www.emanuelnyc.org/school/ to learn more about our school and our congregation, our educational vision, and the programs we offer.
- Assist with daily operations for programs and activities as needed
- Answer and return all emails and phone messages promptly
- Provide information about all departmental programs including sending department emails to families about upcoming programs and events
- Oversee all data management for the department including but not limited to registration, sending forms and confirmation emails, creating tuition billings and following up on specific concerns
- Manage Salesforce for the department. Keep all records up to date in Salesforce and student information including class lists and attendance of students
- Provide teachers with accurate and up-to-date information about their students
- Provide comprehensive safety and supervision support, including managing early dismissal procedures, supervising students in the school office, ensuring the safety of B’nai Mitzvah students after Religious School, connecting with parents, and assisting with arrival and dismissal
- Manage and assist with operations for school programs, special activities, and events, including creating online calendars, registration management, tracking RSVPs and updating lists, and overseeing food orders for the department
- Marketing: Manage all Department of Lifelong Learning pages on the Temple website and weekly Mailchimp emails, ensuring updated Temple events, photos, and content
- Collaborate with the Director of Lifelong Learning and Assistant Directors to maintain a professional and synchronized marketing plan for all programs
- Maintain neatness and order for all common areas in the department, including office and copy room
- Coordinate any needed repairs in the Religious School building and Lifelong Learning offices with maintenance, engineering or others as needed
- Order, stock, and maintain supply orders for the department, including teacher requests, quantity of all office, tech, school, and art supplies.
- Serve as the liaison to finance including the preparation of American Express coding for the accounting department, submitting invoices, and tracking departmental expenses
- Provide comprehensive HR and accounting support, including onboarding new employees, managing budgets and financial objectives, preparing reports, supporting teachers, and maintaining teacher absence logs
- Serve as support to the Director of Lifelong Learning including calendaring
- Support Assistant directors with administrative tasks
- Other duties will be assigned at the discretion of Director of Lifelong Learning
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this position and may change at any time.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends, provide support during the High Holy Days, and attend worship services, events, or meetings, as necessary
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Slack, Monday.com, Ticketleap, Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, Zoom, Mailchimp and Outlook and has experience working with data management software
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and senseQualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and good sense humor
- Effectively sets priorities and manages multiple tasks.
- Is achievement-oriented, passionate, fun, disciplined, and responsible.
- Is comfortable working in a Classical Reform environment and a school setting with children
- Is a team player, working collaboratively with clergy, school faculty, and parents
At Congregation Emanu-El we seek and celebrate diversity in its many forms. Individuals with transferable skills and/or less traditional career journeys are encouraged to apply.
Congregation Emanu-El of the City of New York requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The temple will continue to work with its medical advisor to maintain health and safety policies in accordance with CDC and NYS/NYC Department of Health best practices.
CONGREGATION EMANU-EL’S EEO STATEMENT
Congregation Emanu-El of the City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Congregation does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person