Job Description Summary:
Maximus continues to grow our Digital Solutions organization to better serve the needs of our organization and our customers in the government, health, and human services space. Digital Transformation is one of our primary strategic pillars and is a significant part of our long-term corporate strategy. We are a group of skilled practitioners who are laser-focused on continuing to introduce differentiated solution offerings aligned with the mission requirements of our customers to improve overall service delivery across our operations. We believe that great outcomes define our success. We use an approach grounded in design thinking, lean, and agile to help solve complicated problems and turn bold ideas into delightful solutions.
The Digital Delivery Manager is a client facing role that is responsible for managing work related to various digital solutions including but not limited to Advanced Analytics, AI, ML, Web, Mobile, Social, RPA solutions within the Maximus field operations. This role is responsible for the day-to-day management of digital projects and digital team members. The Digital Delivery Manager will be working closely with the Digital Delivery Lead to lead and manage engagements from late stage opportunities to through successful delivery in terms of scope, deliverables, budget, commercial commitments, customer expectations, and achievement of desired outcomes.
The Digital Delivery Manager must be able to guide on agile best practices and be able to serve as a Scrum Master, if required. They must have demonstrated ability to “tweak” agile best practices beyond text-book definitions to align to and complement our existing organizational and operational nuances, understanding that one size *does not* fit all. At times, the Digital Delivery Manager will also be asked to act as an agile mentor or coach to operational teams and operational leadership.
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder management to achieve project objectives
- Ability to manage and direct a team to achieve project objectives
- Ability to interact with stakeholder both within and outside of immediate team to achieve results
- Ability to develop detailed project schedules coordinating multiple parties to deliver projects on time or early and at or under budget
- Ability to work with multiple teams, consolidate updates, and communicate progress, risks & issues, and mitigation plans to the client
- Ability to predict and identify issues and perform advanced risk mitigation
- Ability to drive and execution vision and goals of the team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ensure quality standards for all deliverables
- Scrum Master certification preferred but not required
- Hands-on experience in both individual contributor and management roles within a team executing using agile, waterfall, and hybrid delivery methodologies
- Foster an environment that promotes self-organized teams
- Coach team members and mediate through problems
- Ability to facilitate sprint planning meetings with scrum team and Product Owner
- Ability to organize and facilitate sprint demo meetings
- Ability to facilitate daily stand-ups
- Ability to conduct and facilitate sprint retrospectives
- Ability to create and communicate project status reports
- Ability to document areas of improvement and action items coming out of the sprint retrospectives
- Ability to work with Product Owner(s) to keep the backlog(s) groomed
- Ability to maintain and report on relevant sprint metrics
- Shield the team from interruptions and distractions and resolve impediments
- Work with onshore, offshore, and distributed teams
- Travel: Ability to travel as required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in program management role with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience with software project management and/or program management
- Experience with practicing agile delivery methodologies
- Experience managing and leading the work of others
- Experience with working with nearshore, offshore, and working in a distributed team
- Experience in a variety of “digital” technologies
- Experience working with clients, customers, and stakeholders
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage engagements from late stage opportunities to through successful delivery in terms of scope, deliverables, budget, commercial commitments, customer expectations, and achievement of desired outcomes.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of digital projects and mentor lower level digital team members.
- Face internal clients and interact with stakeholders both within and outside of immediate team to achieve results.
- Work with multiple teams, consolidate updates, and communicate progress, risks & issues, and mitigation plans to the client.
- Develop detailed project schedules coordinating multiple parties to meet commitments related to scope, schedule, and budget for the digital body of work.
- Predict and identify issues and perform advanced risk mitigation and ensure quality standards for all deliverables.
- Drive and execute vision and goals of the team and coach team members and mediate through problems.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5-7 years of experience
Education and Experience Requirements:
MAXIMUS Introduction: Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com. EEO Statement: EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status. Pay Transparency: Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation. Maximus will comply with regulatory minimum wage rates and exempt salary thresholds in all instances. Posted Max: USD $122,000.00/Yr. Posted Min: USD $93,600.00/Yr.