Newsday is looking for a Brand Ambassador to assist in the management of on-site operations of event marketing efforts as well as work, hand in hand, with the Newsday events managers.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Coordinating with the larger objectives of Newsday’s community outreach efforts (move circulation, promote content etc.), this individual would work to advance the visibility of our content and community involvement.
- This individual would be engaged in the community to further the goals of each sponsored event.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- High-energy personality that can balance their excitement with an attention to detail.
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to think on-the-go as well as to improvise to enhance Newsday’s exposure wherever/whenever possible.
- Clean and valid New York State driver’s license.
- Superior presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to reach, bend, lift as necessary with or without accommodation.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 60lbs on occasion to set up meetings, functions, push/pull cart of supplies.
- This position requires occasional travel when participating in off site events and initiatives.
The hourly base rate range for this role is $19.00 - $25.00, commensurate with experience.
Newsday is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and incumbents are selected, placed, trained, compensated and promoted without regard to actual or perceived sex, race, color, age, national origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partner status, military/veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, religion or religious creed, ancestry, physical or mental disability or handicap, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, Newsday Media Group provides a reasonable accommodation for applicants/incumbents with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources if you require a reasonable accommodation.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $19.00 - $25.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Melville, NY 11747: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person