The Department of Mental Health, Central Mass Area Office, Worcester Site Office is seeking a customer service oriented professional to provide routine and complex administrative support to Worcester Case Management Site Office. The ideal candidate has the passion for working in human services, a self-starter who excels at multi-tasking, and someone who can work independently as well as a team member.
Please note: This is a full-time. 37.5 hour position. The schedule is 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. The days off are Saturday and Sunday.
Duties and Responsibilities (Not all inclusive):
- Provide administrative and operational support primarily to the site director and supervisors.
- Supervise support staff and temporary employees.
- Maintain and protects confidential information following HIPPA requirements.
- Work autonomously compiling and analyzing data to be presented to site director and supervisors.
- Active participant in supervisor meetings collaborating on utilization management.
- Perform the duties of incidental case management to include tracking, record-keeping and updating cases, direct communication via phone, letter and work with clients, family, and providers.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, coordinating, and tracking follow-up for clinical case reviews.
- Function as the site liaison to Area Office, referral sources, and community providers.
- Assist in routing correspondences, drafting letters and documents, collecting data, proof reading, and initiating communications.
- Use computer software and databases to prepare reports and compile data, create and maintain spreadsheet files, training records, equipment inventories, and qualification records.
- Schedule meetings using Outlook Calendar.
- Purchase office supplies as needed for the site office and maintain inventory.
- Assigned to special projects as necessary.
- Intermediate experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective verbal and written communication with ability to use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to follow guidelines and procedures, multitask and prioritize with exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience with preparing documents and reports.
- Experience serving customers of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Given the population served, bilingual in English and Spanish is strongly preferred.
DMH Mission Statement:
The Department of Mental Health assures and provides access to services and supports to meet the mental health needs of individuals of all ages, enabling them to live, work and participate in their communities. The Department establishes standards to ensure effective and culturally competent care to promote recovery. The Department sets policy, promotes self-determination, protects human rights and supports mental health training and research.
When you embark on a career with the Commonwealth, you are offered an outstanding suite of employee benefits that add to the overall value of your compensation package. We take pride in providing a work experience that supports you, your loved ones, and your future.
Want the specifics? Explore our Employee Benefits and Rewards
COVID Vaccine: As a condition of employment, depending on job assignment and location, employees may be required to have received COVID-19 vaccination and/or other vaccinations, or to have been approved for a vaccination exemption prior to their start date. Details relating to demonstrating compliance with this requirement will be provided to applicants selected for employment.
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori
Education, licensure, and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division's Hiring Guidelines
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth's website.
If you require assistance with the application/interview process and would like to request an ADA accommodation, please click on the link and complete the Reasonable Accommodation Online Request Form
For questions regarding this requisition, please contact Melissa L. Herron in Human Resources at (857) 275-8690.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in administrative work experience or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below:
I. An Associate's or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
II. An Associate's or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
Educational substitutions will only be permitted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Commonwealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Research suggests that qualified women, Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Color (BIPOC) may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.
Official Title: Office Support Specialist II
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Worcester - 361 Plantation St
Job: Administrative Services
Agency: Department of Mental Health
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2023, 12:49:55 PM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: 54,167.36 - 76,636.30 Yearly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: William Herbert - 8573488473
Bargaining Unit: 01-NAGE - Clerical/Administrative
Potentially Eligible for a Hybrid Work Schedule: Yes