Seeking a motivated self-starter who is enthusiastic and curious with a desire for growth.
Who we are:
Johnstone Supply is a distributor of heating and air conditioning equipment, parts, and supplies, serving Nevada, Arizona, and Mississippi markets. These states are HOT and we love supplying our parts to the contractors that keep schools, businesses, and homes comfortable. We can’t change the weather, but we are daily doing our part to keep the indoors perfect temperature year-round.
What a good day looks like:
A good day would begin with greeting your coworkers and showing your interest in their lives. Then, once settled in your workspace, you would address the time-sensitive requests you received. After reviewing the appropriate reports, you begin submitting inventory orders. As you are creating an order, you remember submitting a similar order recently. You research and that find we have been stocking out faster than normal and you submitted this same order amount twice in the last 10 days. You decide to double this order to save on freight costs. You then begin reviewing the backorder log and recognize a backorder that is for a product that is being discontinued. After finding a suitable alternative, you call the customer to recommend it. You would feel satisfaction as your boss shares an email she received from that customer expressing appreciation for your service.
Minimum Requirements (Seriously, please don’t apply if you do not meet these requirements)
- H.S. Diploma/GED OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a progressive position.
- Previous material control/purchasing experience in a manufacturing or parts distribution environment. (Preferred)
If you meet the requirements, then you need to know if you will like working with us. We think we are nice. You’ll be interested to know the 5 core values that have contributed to our success.
- Customer Centric –We focus on the customer, what they need and how we can always be ready, and always make transactions easy.
- Contributing Team Player – In distribution there is no one person that supplies the customer everything they need. It’s a team endeavor, and everyone needs to do their part.
- Continuous Self-Improvement – Even though we are the best, we continue to get better.
- Work Life Balance – When work becomes extra demanding during the summer and other times, we make sure it also gives back so that our home life does not suffer.
- Takes Ownership – We believe in extreme ownership and leadership at every level.
These core values have helped us build a team of exceptional individuals that produce impressive results. If these core values resonate with you, then you will love our team.
Who you would work with:
You would report to the Purchasing Manager, Melissa. She loves the exciting work we do, but also enjoys photography, philosophy, and being a volunteer wrestling team mom for her family’s youth sports community. You would also join a small team of specialists who work closely together.
Where we work:
Our office is located at 4144 West Sunset Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89118, and is open from 7:00am to 5:00pm. We built the building about 5 years ago and designed it to be a comfortable place to work efficiently as we continue to grow. With 11 locations in 3 states, this role includes some distance communication.
You will be a W2 employee working full time with a competitive salary, great hours, a nice office, and friendly coworkers.
The company pays 100% of the employee-only insurance costs for eligible employees for health, dental, life, ad&d, and vision coverage.
The company sponsors a 401K plan with a safe harbor match of 100% of an eligible employee’s contributions up to 4% of their wages.
We also want you to take vacation, and you will accrue Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows the longer you stay with us.
General Results and Responsibilities
- Purchase materials and order special products in a timely manner, and at the lowest cost.
- Expedite vendor backorders, and or, finding alternate sources to meet the customer’s need for product.
- Promote the target for overall inventory turns per year.
- Issue purchase orders and changes.
- Verify accuracy of computerized purchasing records and maintain the product data file.
- Verify accuracy of price records, including resolution of pricing variances prior to invoice payment by the accounts payable department.
- Maintain proficiency in computerized purchasing/business systems; be literate and functional with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel. As well as other technologies, as required.
- Implement methods to maintain accurate inventory levels at the facility.
- Identify and optimize common inventory items among facilities.
- Develop and implement innovative methods to dispose of dead or obsolete inventory items.
- Work effectively and efficiently with cross-functional teams, including those from the stores, sales and the warehouse.
- Manage time and inventory effectively so that the cycle counts are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Take on the responsibility for training employees on the process of inventory management and cycle counting.
- Contact manufacturers for authorization to return non-stock items that are obsolete.
- File defective goods claims with reps or manufacturers on items that are obsolete and manage the damaged goods file.
- Instruct warehouse personnel when and where to return defective or non-stock items.
- Adheres to and enforces all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- May represent Johnstone Supply at trade associations, events and local chapters.
- Maintains a professional attitude and personal appearance.
- Maintains professional communications when interacting with customers and coworkers. Treating all customers and coworkers with a helpful and courteous attitude.
Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to listen to others to identify concerns and needs.
- Ability to communicate with others in order to influence attitudes and actions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to develop efficient work procedures.
- Knowledge of wholesale distribution store operations, including order fulfillment, inventory control, shipping and receiving, and sales.
- Demonstrated success managing inventory, including auditing, forecasting and planning.
- Ability to provide consistent, quality customer service.
- Ability to perform business math (basic algebra, compute rate, ratio, etc.).
- Skill in using computer systems to locate information, process transactions and to manage store operations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, inventory/warehouse management and distribution software.
- General knowledge of inventory management principles and procedures, including procurement, storage, forecasting and handling dead inventory.
- General knowledge of the HVACR industry, contractor customer needs and product applications.
- Problem-solving skills: listening to, interpreting, and meeting the needs of others; diagnosing and rectifying problems.
- Ability to develop and use systems for organizing information.
- Skill in following through on commitments.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to develop and implement operational plans.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Demonstrate commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Ability to work efficiently and with a sense of urgency.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Keeps the company’s best interest in mind when considering or addressing issues.
- Ability to demonstrate considerable tact and diplomacy in dealing with others and to maintain relationships.
Expected Work Behaviors:
- Keeps the company’s best interest in mind at all times.
- Consistently works to promote company growth while maintaining ethical standards.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
Work Environment: Most work is performed in an office environment using phone and computer, however the job requires occasional work in warehouse or shop environments.
Johnstone Supply believes that each employee’s contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, it is expected that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Las Vegas, NV 89118: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person