Niantic's Ingress Team is seeking an adventurous QA Tester to join our team.
You will be responsible for coordinating QA feature testing in Ingress. As an integral part of our Ingress Team, you will work closely with our production and development teams to ensure that we are delivering high-quality experiences to our players. You will plan, implement, and drive testing for Ingress end-to-end.
- Always be thinking about our Ingress players and how to make their lives more playful and fun.
- Build and manage testing estimates, schedules, timelines, test cases and runs.
- Work directly with our development team to track defects during feature development.
- Drive the development and execution of test cases and suites for new features.
- Report issues to our project leads via Jira.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office days on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- 3+ years of mobile testing experience.
- Solid understanding of QA methodology and tools.
- Experience leading, building, and designing test strategies for game and consumer-facing products.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You are an active Ingress Agent.
- You have passion for mobile gaming.
- You have experience writing test automation and scripts.
- You can read and write in Japanese.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $70,000 - $82,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID