Who We Are
Corvias’ property management philosophy is simple. We take a holistic, “resident first” approach to housing and maintenance so our partners can focus on their core mission, whether it’s educating students or maximizing military readiness. For more than 20 years, we’ve used that approach to create safe, high-quality places to live, learn, work and interact for our partners’ residents throughout the U.S. If you want to contribute to a team dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the people we serve, we’d like to talk to you. Corvias can help you build a rewarding career that values superior customer service skills, innovation, and hard work. We’ll also provide you with abundant opportunities for professional growth and giving back.
How You'll Contribute to the Team:
The Quality Control Manager supports the Operations Director in executing the Company’s Quality Control Program and provides leadership, support, and training to local maintenance teams and vendors to ensure uniformity of policies and procedures. This hands-on role will direct and oversee daily activities of the Quality Control Technicians and will create an environment of teamwork and a culture of accountability. The role requires advanced proficiency in maintenance trades including plumbing, electrical, appliances, carpentry, HVAC, and Construction/Repair and the ability to inspect completed work, identify deficiencies, analyze quality and compliance reports, and develop corrective action plans to improve quality operations and support continuous improvement.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the Quality Control Program for installation-level property management employees and vendors, including quality control planning, quality control inspections, quality assurance, and quality improvement.
- Train Maintenance Team and vendors on the Company’s Quality Control Program guidelines; educate on quality goals and standards, requirements necessary to meet these standards, and the procedures used to check that criteria are being met.
- Ensure Quality Control measures are in place for all work orders completed by contractors, at a minimum of 5% of all work orders completed by Corvias Team Members and Make Ready homes.
- Assign and coordinate Quality Control Technicians’ work activities including inspections of neighborhoods, homes, community centers, grounds, work orders, warehouse inventory, and fleets to achieve program objectives.
- Ensure uniformity of policies and procedures in managing the physical aspects of the building(s), HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, appliances and amenities as well as maintaining proper inventory.
- Coach and develop team members on strategies to reduce turn times and expenses while maintaining the high quality standards set by the company.
- Monitor and inspect maintenance operations to ensure compliance with Quality Control Program guidelines and ensure quality of completed tasks align with resident and partner expectations.
- Identify Quality Control Program priorities and gaps related to SOPs and work with stakeholders to define strategies for improving operational efficiencies, standardization, employee adherence and risk mitigation.
- Implement and deliver training on current and revised quality control processes with a focus on driving accountability and standardization across the installation.
- Analyze quality and compliance reports to identify deficiencies and develop corrective action plans with the Operations Director, Facilities Director, Maintenance Managers, and Service Center Coordinators to improve quality operations and support continuous improvement.
- Review financial and maintenance operations reports and make recommendations for improved efficiencies and budget optimization.
- Create accountability and ownership among team members through communication of clear expectations, supervision, and provision of timely performance feedback.
- May be asked to assist the Maintenance Manager with the solicitation and evaluation of maintenance contract proposals, implementation and supervision of work safety program, maintenance supply purchasing and inventory control, and equipment and vehicle maintenance.
- Model the highest standards of business professionalism; lead the training and development of team members through coaching, motivating, and mentoring on company culture, business goals, and superior customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Role Specific Requirements Include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college courses or technical school training strongly preferred.
- 4+ years of multi-site property management experience of at least 500 units or 5+ years related industry experience.
- Proven competency and success in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliance repair, carpentry, lock repairs, general maintenance, and construction repairs.
- Certification as a Universal or Type I /Type II technician from an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved technician certification program preferred.
- Working knowledge of property management quality control concepts, analysis, and oversight.
- Demonstrable proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and build relationships at all levels inside and outside the organization, including effective conflict resolution.
- Detail and process-oriented with the ability to trouble shoot and solve problems independently.
- Proven success as a cross-functional collaborator with experience successfully gaining commitment from others through influence and persuasion.
- Demonstrated ability to organize individual and team activities to ensure operations are highly productive and meet or exceed business goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate information and ideas with clarity and precision.
- Proven success in budgeting, financial analysis, projections, and expense control.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, YARDI property management software or equivalent industry related software is required.
- Required to provide and maintain own basic hand and power tools related to work requirements.
- Valid driver’s license required with the ability to drive company vehicles.
Customer Focus - Prioritizes and takes action on the needs of both internal and external customers. Designs and delivers products and services with the customer experience top of mind.
Teamwork and Collaboration - Capable of working well with others both on the team and cross-functionally to achieve individual goals, team goals, department goals, and/or organizational goals. Values diverse perspectives and working with others as a way to achieve the best output possible.
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Uses critical thinking to evaluate problems, gather information, understand causes, and identify best possible solutions. Invests time in planning, discovery, and reflection to drive better decisions and more efficient implementations.
Resilience - Thrives and grows in a rapidly changing and complex environment. Displays flexibility, activates networks, and adopts a continuous growth mindset to learn from mistakes and bounce back from adversity.
Creativity and Innovation - Thinks beyond the confines of traditional models to recognize opportunities and find new and better ways of doing things. Encourages experimentation and accepts failure as a driver of innovation.
Influence - Impacts others' thinking, decisions, or behavior through inclusive practices and relationship building. Drives action through influence, often without authority.
Exceptional Benefits for Exceptional Team Members
As a company striving to be the best place to work, we want to ensure an environment of collaboration, inclusion and learning exists throughout all teams, locations and divisions. To support our team members, we offer a benefits package that is generous and flexible enough to meet you where you are today and tomorrow.
Corvias employees are eligible for:
- A choice between two benefit-rich medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) with immediate 100% vesting and contribution match
- Generous paid time off that increases throughout your career
- 12 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Tuition reimbursement to support growth and development
- 100% paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Maternity leave
- Paternity Leave
- Military Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Program
Corvias Group, LLC (the “Company”) does not discriminate in employment or applications for employment based on an applicant’s sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, service in the armed forces of the United States, disability, or any other protected classification as outlined by Federal, State or local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Fayetteville, NC for this job?
- residential property maintenance: 7 years (Required)
- supervisory: 2 years (Required)
- Facilities maintenance: 7 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- EPA Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person