Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist– Behavioral Health – PRN
Fast-paced, high energy Behavioral Health department is looking for top Recreation Specialists. Is that you?
Work location: Seay Center Behavioral, 6110 W. Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093
Work hours: PRN - Weekend; Saturday and Sunday (8-hour shifts), occasional weekday coverage
Behavioral Health Seay Center Highlights:
- Multidisciplinary team in a diverse work environment
- Collaborative work environment
- Great team
- Robust Unit Based Council (UBC) and very engaged leadership team
- Fast Paced, 48 bed inpatient Adult and Adolescent Behavioral Health Units
Here’s What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreational Therapy or related discipline required.
- 2 years of healthcare related Counseling or Social Work preferred
- CTRS – Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist upon hire required and
- BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support within 30 days required
What You Will Do
Performs age-appropriate patient treatment:
- Uses therapeutic treatment techniques appropriate to patient age and desire for treatment.
- Performs treatment procedures that are within the scope of the professional license.
- Performs/delegates technical procedures appropriately and safely.
- Utilizes a variety of treatment techniques to achieve goals, if necessary.
- Determine patient response to treatment and evaluate progress (reassessment)
- Educates patient and family through instruction, demonstration, or appropriate handouts in treatment plan, safety issues, home programs/self-management and assistive equipment.
- Patient safety maintained throughout treatment.
- Communicates with physicians and other healthcare personnel as appropriate regarding patient care issues.
- Demonstrates competence in the performance of age-appropriate patient treatment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Recreation Specialist
- Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Programs as well as several other benefits.
- A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
- Explore our Texas Health careers sitefor info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awardswe’ve won and more.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
To apply directly, copy and paste the link:
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to [email protected].
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $22.85 - $35.17 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends only
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Plano, TX 75093: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Healthcare related Counseling or Social Work: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person