We are looking for a motivated Tool Set-Up Operator to join our team. The Tool Set-Up Operator will be responsible for inspecting products for quality assurance and setting presses and fixtures. A Tool Set-Up Operator is proficient in reading prints and using precision measuring tools, such as micrometers, scales, and calipers to ensure products are made to specification. An ideal candidate perform any necessary die adjustments at set ups and check accuracy during production.
We are looking for dedicated, career driven professionals to join our team! You will work in a positive and supportive environment where you’ll find great opportunities for career development. Be part of a team that values your efforts and recognizes your contributions. We want you to consider being a part of our even more exciting future!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Load coals of sheet metal onto the presses
· Ability to set up Dies on to a Punch Press
· Maintain all PPE requirements and assure everyone else is maintaining safety protocols
· Familiar with feeds
· Manage utilization of LOTO procedures, GMP standards and OSHA safety standards
· Preheat die sections using torches
· Set up and load programs for CNC horizontal punching presses
· Set up and repair machines and run hi-low equipment
· Clean out grinders, dryers and hoppers for material change over
· Check, record, and enter data into computer for SPC control
· Experience working on and operating thermalators, dryers, and hydraulic Cinpresses
· Set up machines with resin materials (Iso and Poly) to run production products.
· Troubleshoot issues with equipment
· Familiar with feeds
· Ensure that all dies are pre-staged at the press and that all dies are set properly according to the Set Up Sheets
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS:
· High School degree, required.
· Die setting or metal stamping
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely active role; Physical requirement of being able to lift 60 pounds, bend, squat, kneel, reach overhead, push, pull walk, and stand for long periods of time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT ROSCO VISION SYSTEMS
Rosco, based in Jamaica, N.Y., is one of North America’s leading suppliers of camera systems, mirrors, visors, and other visual safety solutions to the worldwide commercial vehicle market. For over a century, Rosco’s vision has remained exceptionally clear.
Our products are designed from real-world knowledge of the challenges that today’s drivers face out on the open road. Rosco Vision systems are also designed to help fleet managers run a more efficient operation, fully compliant with all safety rules, regulations, and legislation.
Rosco is renowned for its strong design engineering focus and custom product development. The mission of Rosco Vision Systems is to develop high quality products that function flawlessly for the life of the vehicle and provide a level of service and support that our customers have come to expect.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jamaica, NY 11435: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person