Rosco Vision Systems is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate should have the ability to design vehicular camera systems consisting of electronic components, electrical harnesses, and mechanical mounting devices. This individual will perform bench and field tests including benchmark testing, standards conformance testing, root cause analysis, and comparative performance testing.
Our engineers enjoy an environment of daily exposure to all disciplines- EE, Mechanical, Industrial, Software/Firmware, AI data analytics, and modern manufacturing methods. Team members see their work progress from design to product sales to field experience- often coordinating with vendor teams located worldwide. Rosco engineers work closely with major fleet, OEM and other high-level safety, quality, and new product planning managers at our customers and end-users.
Our headquarters located in Queens, New York, is home base for over 250 dedicated technical, business, and manufacturing personnel. Technical team members join Rosco from all over the USA and the world, forming friendships and learning how to excel in a global environment.
- Design custom electronic or electrical solutions including:
*Custom LED lighting/indicators
*In-Vehicle communications, ie. CAN, OBD, J1939
- Create and maintain engineering drawings, bills of material, installation manuals, user manuals, and other technical documentation
- Work with senior engineering and manufacturing staff to create a system of documentation compliant with the company’s new ERP system
- Communicate with vendors both domestic and foreign for the sourcing and design of various electronic and hardware components
- Prepare reports detailing test results of new electronic designs, design changes, or other special applications
- Lead new engineering projects
- Engineering support for manufacturing and sales departments.
- Troubleshoot customer technical issues and provide technical support to system installers by phone, email, and in person
- Some travel, required
- BS in Electrical Engineering or higher.
- 6+ years’ work experience with electrical or electronic products in a manufacturing industry
- Experience in automotive industries, a plus
- Intimate understanding of electrical circuits and electrical system troubleshooting
- Experience of audio/video codecs and video image enhancements, a plus
- Expert knowledge of at least one major CAD software required. Ideally Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD Electrical
- Writing Product Requirements/Technical Specifications
- Experience creating, delegating, and reviewing technical engineering drawings
- Experience or knowledge of RF technology, testing and certification of cellular devices
- Ability to explain technical concepts to nontechnical audiences
- Knowledge of ISO, SAE, MIL-STD, ANSI, and/or IEC standards, a plus
- Experience with Six-Sigma certification, a plus
- Experience with soldering and basic hand tools, a plus
- Experience with vehicle electronics installation, a plus
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with a command of the English language
- Fluent in a second language (Mandarin, Korean, Spanish), a plus
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
ABOUT ROSCO VISION SYSTEMS
Rosco Vision Systems is one of North America's leading suppliers of high-tech driver-focused video and data systems for commercial vehicles. Our products are saving lives every day on school buses, package delivery & postal vehicles, ambulances, fire trucks, and other critical vehicles. We design and manufacture many different vehicle camera systems, including video recorders, driver behavior monitoring devices, and backup cameras, all of which can be accessed by our fleet customers via our proprietary cloud service.
We engineer and manufacture visual safety systems for all types of commercial fleet vehicles. The company is the largest supplier of mirror systems to the North American school bus market, selling to all major OEMs and parts distributors including Navistar/IC Corp., Freightliner/Thomas Built, Blue Bird, AM General, and many others.
Our products are designed from real-world knowledge of the challenges that today’s drivers face out on the open road. But that’s not all. Rosco Vision systems are also designed to help fleet managers run a more efficient operation, fully compliant with all safety rules, regulations, and legislation.
The truck and van industry knows Rosco through the many products provided to companies like Paccar, Mack, Morgan Olson, Oshkosh, and Utilimaster, who manufacture vehicles for such notable fleets as UPS, Federal Express, United States Postal Service, the Canada Post, and others.
Rosco is renowned for its strong design engineering focus and custom product development. The mission of Rosco Vision systems is to develop high quality products that function flawlessly for the life of the vehicle and provide a level of service and support that our customers have come to expect. Contact us to let us show you how we can make your vehicle safer.
Rosco Vision Systems is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $86,000.00 - $144,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jamaica, NY 11435: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person