Assign rooms according to guest request and preferences whenever possible. Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets. Organize and coordinate check-in/pre-registration procedures for arriving groups. Review/Track/Accommodate requests for room/check-out changes when possible; communicate status to appropriate staff. Confirm reservations and cancellations. Review out-of-order rooms daily. Ensure rates match market codes and document exceptions. Verify and adjust billing for guests. File guest paperwork or documentation. Set up/process all guest check-ins/check-outs. Activate room keys. Secure valid payment. Identify any over-commitments. Perform duplicate reservation checks; block rooms. Run daily reports. Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction. Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
Leading Front OfficeTeam
Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Ensures recognition of employees is taking place across areas of responsibility.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Maintaining Front Office Goals
Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Keeps Front Office team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
- Conducts department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Office goals to produce desired results.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that the Front Office, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Understands the impact of Front Office operations on the Rooms area and overall property financial goals.
- Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Managing Projects and Policies
Ensures compliance with all Front Office policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Acts as the “Service Champion” for the Front Office and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures that all Front Office areas have an atmosphere that is conducive to the overall guest experience.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for Front Office Staff.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
- Interviews and hires managers and hourly employee team members with the appropriate skills and in a timely manner to meet the business needs of the operation.
Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Identifies and analyzes Front Office operational challenges and facilitates the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
Establish positive relationships with the guests.
- Provide lateral service when necessary.
- Maintain cashier bank in accordance with Sandpiper Bay policies.
- Handle guest complaints according to instant pacification procedures, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Attend and conduct “stand- up” daily.
- Responsible for handling guest relocations
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in hospitality (preferred)
Minimum of 4 years related work experience.
Minimum 2 years’ Management experience is required.
Computer & Software skill - proficient in OPERA Cloud, ALICE Hospitality Operations System preferred