Appliance and Refrigeration Repair Technician with >$100k Earning Potential!
Why an Appliance and Refrigeration Repair Technician career might be right for you:
- You like solving problems – Each repair is different. You enjoy diagnosing problems and figuring out solutions
- You like fixing things – Getting things working again is a satisfying outcome. You did that!
- You like helping others – You’re the hero of the home like a first responder, lifting the weight off the shoulders of grateful homeowners
- You like to be on the move – You’re not stuck at a desk all day – you are welcomed into customers’ homes
Why a career with Sears Home Services is right for you:
- Great hourly rates – $18 - $30 / hour base rate salary, depending on experience
- Benefits – Comprehensive set of medical, dental, and vision benefits, with an additional $4000 annual subsidy for associates with dependents!
- 401k match – Opportunity to contribute to 401k plan and beginning in Spring 2023 a 100% company match up to 3%.
- More ways to earn – Average technician earns $10,000 per year in performance bonuses & sales incentives. Top techs earn more than $100,000 annually
- Sign-on bonus – Potential up to $5,000 upfront sign-on bonus for technicians with experience!
- Flexible schedules – Sears’s techs are NOT on call. Choose 5, 8-hour shifts or 4,10-hour shifts (offered in most locations), whichever works better for you.
- Plentiful overtime opportunities – Our techs are in high demand. Supplement your income with additional hours!
- Year-round work – With Sears large scale and wide product range, Sears cross trains techs and keeps them busy year round
- Expert training – Best in class training program. Tens of thousands of repair techs trained by Sears Technical Institute in the past 60 years. We will teach you the skills you need to succeed!
- Peer mentoring – Onboarding buddy and mentor technicians to help you grow your skills
- Career advancement – Many ways to advance and cross-train to keep growing your career. Our average tenure is greater than 12 years!
- Easy tools – Sears provides company vehicle, uniforms, specialty tools, mobile phone & industry-leading app that eliminates paperwork and provides technical support
- Repair appliances with high levels of quality and efficiency
- Deliver delightful customer experience that exceed expectations consistently
- Provide customers with value-added solutions that help make their home more clean, comfortable & protected
- Keep company truck well-maintained & organized, and help manage parts efficiently
- High school diploma or general education degree
- EPA Type II or EPA Universal (Refrigeration Positions)
- Mechanical knowledge, including use of testing & repair tools
- Can follow directions and processes for quality workmanship
- Can use smartphone, including use for part ordering
- Background & drug screen
- Valid driver’s license for the state in which you work
1 - 2 Years Experience
On Occasion (Less than 5%)
Work-In Postal Code
Sears Home Services - In Home
Additional Compensation Explanation
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
Sears Home Services
Appliance and Refrigeration Repair Technician | Transformco
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $30.00 per hour