Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we're building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We're on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you'll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Lead QA Coordinator, Console you will work with multiple teams to connect millions of people. You will make sure the components and features we build satisfy product specifications and don't compromise system stability or scalability. You will coordinate testing with third-party testers, partner with other Roblox QA, and work with developers and designers to ensure excellent quality for our users. You'll report to a QA Manager on the User Group. #LI-Hybrid
- Manage outsourced testing for game and application software alongside a passionate engineering team, building and maintaining our client applications on game consoles.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering team members to develop test strategies, create test plans, and ensure that product requirements and testing instructions are communicated to outsourced testing teams.
- Author testing regressions to ensure full test coverage of features and their integrated use in the product and work with engineers when necessary.
- Prioritize and assign tasks to outsourced testers, training them, and providing feedback to ensure testing is completed correctly.
- Review and interpret test reports and results from outsourced testing groups.
- Ensure defect reports are comprehensive, reproduce issues locally, assess and follow up on issue resolution and fix verification.
- Work quickly and adjust to the changing demands of our agile development process.
- 3+ years experience with console testing
- 5+ years experience in software QA testing
- 3+ years experience as a QA lead, and familiarity with common issues encountered in mobile devices, consoles, Mac, and Windows, proficiency with QA tools (bug tracking software, test case management software, proxy tools, performance measurement tools, build distribution tools, etc.), and have created and run automated tests
- 1+ years experience coordinating with offshore third-party testing teams, and between onshore SW teams
- Strong project management experience in QA
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.