Location: Blossom Athletic Center
Work Schedule: SUB-TEMP
Work Type: Temporary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
High School Diploma
Must be at least 18 years of age
College Degree preferred
ASCA Level I, preferred Experience in swim coaching or teaching swim lessons, preferred
High School Diplomas and college/university degrees must be obtained from an accredited program or university approved by the United States Department of Education and the Texas Education agency.
PRIMARY PURPOSE SUMMARY :
Responsible for swimmer training, development, and competitive progression. Creates an environment where training is challenging, fun, and appropriate for the age/ability of the swimmer.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Attains all coaching requirements set by USA Swimming
2. Represents program in a professional and mature manner at all times.
3. Collaborates with Head Club Coach and Head Age Group Coach to develop seasonal plan within the philosophy of the program.
4. Creates and organizes a fun and positive atmosphere.
5. Attends and participates in all staff meetings as required by Head Age Group Coach and Head Club Coach.
6. Communicates with staff, parents and swimmers.
7. Assists with running tryouts.
8. Maintains confidentiality of information.
9. Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks
- Ability and willingness to get in the pool
- Ability to work with and delegate tasks
- Ability to maintain a level of teaching within the program not focused on training
While all applications will be reviewed, not all applicants will be interviewed.
North East Independent School District does not to discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, marital or veteran status, disability (or relationship or association with an individual with a disability), genetic information or other legally protected status in its programs, services or activities as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.