Bay4 and NAES Corporation are committed to supporting a culture with unique perspectives and backgrounds. We value individual differences in each other in an effort to create a brighter future in the power generation industry. We strive to attract and retain employees by offering an inclusive work environment, competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package (including retirement) and promotional opportunities.
Bay4 Energy is one of the fastest growing companies in the renewable energy operations and maintenance industry. With more than 30 years of asset performance and portfolio management experience.
At Bay4, you’ll find engaging and challenging career opportunities. At every level of the company, we share a common goal: To instill confidence in our clients through our steadfast commitment to safety, integrity and quality of work.
The Field Services Technician is supported and tasked with providing maintenance and repairs on a wide variety of solar and battery energy systems in an assigned geographic location; in this case, the assigned service area will primarily support solar sites located around northern and eastern CT as well as the southern to central MA area and surrounding areas in NY and NJ. Your sites are primarily customer free; this position is ideal for an outdoor enthusiast who enjoys travel, working independently, is proactive and organized. You will travel to a new job site daily (going from site to site) or for several days in a row to a specific location. Reimbursement for personal vehicle suitable for work use.
Here’s a look at some of the duties of the position:
- Respond to tickets from dispatch to take care of solar and battery equipment with the ability to maintain and make repairs as you become more and more familiar with its operation. Training and support will be provided.
- Test, analyze, and figure out how it works. Repair problems in Inverters and monitoring (DAS) Systems, as well as other components of commercial and utility scale solar PV and battery energy storage facilities
- Perform moderately complex but repetitive testing and troubleshooting
- Use, maintain, and secure test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate, and repair equipment such as meters, meggers, iv curve tracers and torque wrenches
- Complete all documentation of work completed while in the field using digital devices (phone, PC, tablet) and PC software for reporting. This involves reporting and “telling a story” to document your diagnosis after testing and communicating with others, including detailed notes, descriptions of issues and photos
- Complete required paperwork (time sheets, service orders, forms, inventory, expense reports, and equipment related items)Receive and replace components, then package equipment and ship to complete warranty claims
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, work vehicle and equipment. Manage vehicle inventory and restock as necessary.
Safety is a core value of NAES and Bay 4. As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to be mentally alert and work safely at all times. Additionally, employees are required to adhere to all safety warnings and posted safety signs whenever on company property. Furthermore, employees must follow all NAES safety rules and procedures. Effectiveness in carrying out this responsibility is part of the evaluation of each employee’s performance.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- This work can be physically demanding while working frequently in an outdoor environment in a variety of weather and working conditions. Must be able to work in heat and cold, i.e. full sun where temperatures can be triple digits, or no sun where temperatures can be below freezing. In addition to extreme weather conditions, the Technician may be subjected to physical circumstances involving extensive climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and working in confined spaces.
- Position requires both weekday and weekend work, sometimes involving a rotational schedule or “on-call” status.
- All employees will participate in the Fitness for Duty Program. This program includes post-offer physical examination and drug screening and post-employment random drug screening.
The initial compensation will range from $25.00 - $35.00.
Why you're the perfect addition to our team (about you):
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and share with others! We are looking for team players. Solar industry experience a plus but not required.
- Strong traveling skills with the ability to be self-sufficient
- Outdoor enthusiast a plus! Adaptable to changing weather conditions.
- Safety conscious; must have the ability to work in a safe and alert manner at all times
- Reliability; must be dependable and available to meet schedule commitments
- Flexibility to changes in schedules, scope of work
- Approach work with a positive attitude
- Ability to follow directions
- Demonstrated experience performing complex but repetitive testing, creating a safe work environment, performing troubleshooting
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbal communications
- Ability to develop detailed documentation and submit digital detailed reports on a daily basis
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills in real time or emergency situations
- Must have and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and clean driving record; ideally, DOT driving license or ability to obtain
- Fundamental power and electrical knowledge
- Phase 3/480 v experience
- LOTO medium to high voltage experience
- Data & communications knowledge
- Proficient with Microsoft 360: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Smart device savvy
- Working familiarity with system switching
- Certification to operate a scissor lift and forklift or the ability to become certified
- NABCEP certification or other component-specific solar certifications
- Ability to work well with other Bay4 technicians or subcontracted maintenance personnel in resolution of issues identified in the field
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor more junior field personnel
- Mechanically inclined and familiar with hand/power tools
NAES is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. It is the practice of NAES to seek employees of the highest quality and to select the individuals on the basis of merit and competence, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status or affiliation protected under USERRA, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state and federal law.
Demonstrated detailed knowledge of solar industry best practices, NEC requirements, NFPA70E, and diagnosis/repair of common solar failures
Technical/other training or better
High School or better
Data Acquisition System
Electrical Hazard Awareness
Photovoltaic Inverter System
Verbal and Written Communications
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group