Are you looking for a stable career that comes with all of the benefits of State employment? Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) Managed Care is seeking LVN's for float pool positions at the Montford Regional Medical Facility, located in Lubbock, TX. This position will allow more flexibility with scheduling and allow for more experience in different in patient settings within the unit.
TTUHSC Managed Care provides health services to approximately 30,000 patients in 27 correctional facilities at 23 geographical locations throughout the West Texas sector, dating from 1989. Through a broad range of comprehensive services, TTUHSC strives to positively impact the lives of our patients, including many who previously never had access to quality health care. We are guided by our values of One Team, Kindhearted, Integrity, Visionary, and Beyond Service. We are as passionate about building a great place to work as we are about nurturing the health of those we serve.
The Montford Regional Medical Facility operates 24 hours/7 days a week and specializes in the following:
- Long-term Care
- Special Care Unit
- Ward (M/S)
- Specialty Clinic
- 2 OR suites
- Physical Therapy
- Primary Care
- Dental Care
- Emergency Room
- Onsite Lab, pharmacy, and radiology
What you will do:
- Assists with or performs exams, assessments and procedures and documents intervention in EMR.
- Communicates patient data using EMR to support decision-making to improve patient care.
- Maintains working knowledge of current issues and treatment modalities
- Assist in admissions, discharges and transfers
- Prepares and operates necessary equipment and instruments for examinations, treatments, and procedures.
- Administer or assist with administration or documentation of medications
- Full-time flexible supplemental workforce
- Provide additional licensed nursing support to fill in gaps and alleviate staffing shortage
- Completes additional clinical and administrative tasks based on unit needs
- Builds professional connections to strengthen our team and promote our values
- License/Certification: Current Vocational Nurse License in the State of Texas, or ability to transfer license to Texas, or scheduled to complete a program of vocational nursing within 120 days of applying for a position. Current CPR certification. Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program. New graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX- PN) on the first attempt.
Take care of yourself and your family, Enjoy some of the best benefits in the state of Texas:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Training provided
- Continuing education
- Loan Forgiveness Program
- Retiree Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Leadership Program
- State Pension
Learn more about us:
EEO Statement: As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jean Clery Act: The Jean Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this annual report through our website at https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.
Job Type: Full-time
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Wound Care
- Choose your own hours
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Work Location: In person