Evolution Power Tools operates globally with our core products being saws with circular blades and our proposition being ‘the best value in saws’. In North America we have online listings with, among others, MSC, Airgas, The Home Depot, Lowes, Menards and soon-to-be Grainger as well as a growing in-store presence. Our business is growing rapidly, and as a result, we are placing heavy emphasis on our key account management sales and activities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Key Account Manager to leverage further our success in driving e-commerce sales through our Industrial e-commerce channels in addition to winning in-store and stocking placements in the Industrial channel. Evolution is an emerging fighter brand that requires inventive marketing, clarity of message, and the ability to achieve broad and cost-efficient reach, with high levels of target consumer interest and engagement. This role will work for and closely with our North American VP Sales and will be supported by an eCommerce Specialist. You’ll collaborate with all other functions and sales channels as we operate and push to grow Evolution as “One Team”; this includes working with various sales personnel; US & UK based Group Marketing; R&D, Finance/Accounting, and Supply Chain teams. We have significant expectations for this role and are looking for someone who can care for our Industrial partners with the same passion and commitment that we care for our own employees. To be successful, we’ll need this person/role to create an engaging e-commerce presence for Evolution Power Tools in North America, leverage our growing social media and public relations presence in the Industrial channel.
You will be measured and remunerated on the sales and profit performance of your accounts as well the performance of the North American business.
Account Management (50%)
- Develop and foster relationship with existing Industrial Partner contacts aimed at providing them with “world-class support and communication”.
- Identify new Key Account Prospects within the Industrial channel, then strategize and execute to develop new partnership relationships with those prospects.
- Oversee optimization of product listings across all partner ecommerce websites and product pages to ensure highest conversion rate across all Industrial Partner sites.
- Evaluate and analyze KPIs across all Industrial Partner websites and in-store offerings to identify merchandising trends within our competitive offering and outside of our competitive offering to identify potential for new product development opportunities.
- Plan and implement the sales strategy to achieve sales goals and market-share objectives.
- Proactively communicate any upcoming changes in pricing or other T&Cs to the finance and operations departments of EPT.
Sales, Marketing, and Promotions (50%)
- Develop and execute Promotions to drive New Customer Acquisition and Customer Retention across Industrial partners (in-store and eCommerce).
- Develop promotions calendar and execute promotions within Industrial sales channels to ensure timelines are met and success is achieved.
- Cross-functional liaison for Industrial eCommerce to all Sales Channels representing to plan and execute online promotions and identify/implement improvements.
- Collaborate with Marketing to identify opportunity to leverage EPT’s social media, PR, and on- and off-line advertising campaigns.
- Gather, develop, and design high-quality and engaging content to be shared via Industrial Partner on- and off-line newsletters.
- Collaborate with Marketing on the development of trade marketing materials including POP, sales presentations, flyers, banners, decals, packaging, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience
- 5-7 years in B2B Key Account Management in the Home Improvement or Industrial/MRO industry.
- 5-7 years B2B eCommerce experience with a demonstrated success in: Optimizing Product Listings, Promotions/Pricing/Costing/Margin Analysis and EDI on-boarding.
- Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within a small (1-3 people) team.
- Up to 25% travel visiting customers.
- Experience analyzing data issues to determine root cause, develop and execute action plan through to resolution independently and with team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with multiple tight deadlines.
- Intermediate level skill in Excel
- Experience working with BazaarVoice, SAP a plus.
- World-class communication skills and high-level grammatical and editing skills.
- Assist in various day-to-day tasks; inventory checks, content gathering, market research, and competitor analysis.
- Organize sales/marketing/promotional calendars and roadmaps.
Main Duties & Tasks
Collaborate andDevelop North American Sales and Group Marketing Industrial e-commerce and in-store/stocking strategies. This includes our go-to-market blueprints for annual new product introductions (approx. 5-7 new items annually).
Partner with North American VP Sales to developIndustrial short and long- term growth strategies and deliver customer-specific joint online marketplace and in-store sales and marketing plans.
Manage Industrial online marketing tactics and marketing campaign delivery to drive customer acquisition and repeat purchase/lifetime value.
Work with Industrial and Group Marketing to develop programs and content to both drive traffic and conversion our customers’ websites (e.g., brand pages, product merchandising, product reviews, video content, etc.) including programs to cross-sell and up-sell consumers.
Oversee the creation/building/optimization of all Evolution products pages on all Industrial websites.
Lead the development of media investment strategies and budget management for our Industrial partners
- Write briefs for the Marketing team to develop content and support to foster Industrial partnerships.
- Identify, execute, and measure marketing programs within Industrial ecosystems.
- Leverage e-syndication tools where possible to manage content on Industrial partner websites and optimize to achieve peak performance
- Review the online customer journey, particularly for new product launches, ensuring a positive experience across all Industrial ecosystems.
- Establish and report on a set of KPIs to monitor performance against strategies and plans.
- Develop and present monthly reporting on Industrial sales performance
- Collaborate with Industrial partners to analyze their site performance, user experience/customer journeys, etc. and make recommendations to improve traffic, conversion, and average transaction value to enhance cost per acquisition and customer lifetime value.
- Collaborate with Inventory/Purchasing management to optimize Product Forecast to ensure that product is available to achieve steady, significant growth while balancing the cost implications of on-hand inventory.
Experience and TraitsExperience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of account management experience with major US Industrial Partners and/or 5-7 years of US Retailer Account Management experience
- Experience preparing for and presenting to major US Industrial Partners as well as Executives
- Ability to drive projects from concept through implementation
- Experience working with sales and ecommerce data, analytics, and reporting tools
- Experience developing forecasts for Sales & Demand
- Strong editing, proofreading, and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker
- Attention to detail
- Proactive – always looking for ways to improve.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Personable with the ability to work well with a variety of different personality types and skill sets.
- Team player
- High degree of gravitas
Location / Department
This role will be based out of our forthcoming Chicago office with travel expectations to meet Industrial clients throughout North America and occasionally internationally within the Group.
Reports to the Vice President Sales.
Other Key Relationships
- Regular contact with Industrial partners (i.e., Buyers, merchandisers)
- Daily interaction and support to and from colleagues in North America
- Some contact with other colleagues within the Global Group.
An eCommerce specialist responsible for account analysis, product listing optimization, and merchandising within Industrial partner ecommerce portals.
Typical Strength finders Themes
Achiever, Analytical, Activator, Strategic, Relator
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Chicago, IL 60642