MetroExpress Services is a New York corporation and has become the New York metropolitan area’s foremost provider of Maintenance and Protection of Traffic (MPT) services. We provide MPT services for engineering firms, public utilities, and contractors throughout the New York metropolitan region.
MetroExpress is recruiting for a Mechanic - Class B who can work independently. Repair and maintain MetroExpress trucks and car fleet on a daily basis. Gather all information pertaining to operator's complaints and issues with the fleet and make repairs as needed. Make sure work is done daily to ensure the fleet readiness for the next shift.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
· Perform inspection, maintenance, repairs and overhaul of equipment/pumps.
· Troubleshoot and diagnose problems of entire location fleet. Maintain maintenance logs.
· Follow manufacture manual for maintenance procedure on all fairly new equipment.
· Knowledge of trucks, heavy equipment and mechanic shop.
· Oil change including oil filter. Replace air filter. Replace fuel filters.
· Inspect all belts. Inspect all hoses, both coolant and hydraulic.
· Transmission tune up every 90,000 or once a year (replace oil and filter) check front and rear brakes and replace if necessary.
5+ years' mechanic experience
Computer knowledge a plus.
Ability to work well under pressure and in a deadline driven environment.
Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in managing fleet of trucks and vans.
Diesel experience a plus.
High School Diploma
Mechanic certification a plus
Experience working as a mechanic for 5 or more years
Full Time position
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $27.00 per hour
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Mechanical knowledge: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person