SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for accurate and timely receipts of inbound materials, supplies, and maintenance parts into Radius (ERP System) and subsequent physical put away via reach and fork trucks. Staging and removal of raw materials and supplies required for use in production.
Work involves the following:
- Daily receipts of all inbound materials into Radius.
- Delivery/put away of received materials to WH locations, departments, or individuals.
- Operation of powered industrial trucks including Hi-Lo/narrow aisle reach trucks, sit-down propane forklifts, walkie and ride on pallet jacks.
- Moving inventory both physically and virtually using handheld RF scanners and Radius software.
- Staging and removal of raw materials and supplies at 20 plus production presses.
- Ensure materials returned from production are properly marked before taking them back to the warehouse. Return excess supplies to the storage areas as necessary.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Follow standard operating procedures.
- Assist in housekeeping and emptying of waste barrels in all warehouse areas.
- Ensure the warehouse is accessible and safe for pedestrians.
- Follow all required safety procedures and ISO requirements and perform in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees.
- Wear the proper PPE where required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrative of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or a logical assignment to the position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience is required.
- 2 years or more of related experience working in a shipping/receiving/material handling/warehouse role is required.
- Individuals must be able to competently perform each essential duty, hold a current and valid driver’s license that meets insurance underwriting requirements as well as be certified to operate forklifts, reach trucks, and electric pallet jacks.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, stock tickets, labels, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers, supervisors, and department heads.
- Understanding and use of computers, Microsoft Outlook, and ERP systems.
- Prior experience in Microsoft Excel and Word recommended.
- Knowledge of all Company ISO quality standards as outlined in the work instructions and updates.
Mental and physical requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have an active driver's license.
- Understand and observe all Company safety standards.
- Must be highly mobile, able to access all areas of the premises.
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused while handling multiple tasks, responsibilities, and projects.
- Ability to work over eight hours in a workday, and over 40 in a work week as necessary.
- Must be able to perform bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, and lifting of materials and equipment of at least 50 pounds.
- Use of close vision and fine motor skills to detect quality issues.
- Is frequently required to use hands and fingers to reach and grasp.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $26.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We are an essential manufacturer that makes labels for grocers, pharmacies, and the United States Postal Service. As such, we have a responsibility to those essential clients to make sure they can provide much needed support to the clients they serve.
Work Location: In person