Please add the following email domain addresses to your contact list right away to allow correspondence, especially if you
use SPAM blocking software, use a yahoo or gmail account, or use a work or military email address!
@usps.gov @psionline.com @geninfo.com
NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this
employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses
may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
Newly appointed EAS Grade employees are subject to a 1-year probationary period.
Applicants must demonstrate in writing the requirements listed on the announcement through a combination of education,
training and experience. You may use both your Summary of Accomplishments and description of duties (under Work
Experience) to address each of the requirements listed.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI
fingerprint check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where
the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation,
the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding
5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only,
but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S.
government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or
as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background
check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
Implements and participates in programs to provide preventative medical care and health maintenance in support of safety
and health goals. Secures, evaluates, monitors, and administers contracts for medical services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Designs and implements programs of preventive health education for a assigned territory.
2. Oversees medical contract services provided within the area assigned. Monitors the quality of work provided and
implements changes where required.
3. Maintains confidential employee medical records, ensuring that entries are current; prepares summaries of medical
information on a regular and as needed basis
4. Ensures that employees are trained in the procedures and resources available for obtaining emergency medical care.
5. Determines the availability of wellness programs, blood pressure screenings, inoculation, and related services in the local
communities, and makes arrangements to provide these services to employees.
6. Works with the employee assistance function to identify, refer and follow-up on employees needing these services.
Consults with employee assistance committees and coordinators to ensure that resources are readily available.
7. Coordinates the development and implementation of mandated health protection programs in conjunction with employees
from the safety function.
8. Develops and reviews crisis management plans; assists in identifying community based medical services to support these
9. Serves on joint safety and health committee(s). Reviews accident reports to assist in identifying safety hazards; consults
with representatives of labor and management in identifying and resolving safety and health issues.
10. Provides guidance to injury compensation specialists in understanding work-related injuries, treatment, and physical
limitations. Provides medial liaison with OWCP; monitors progress of limited duty and rehabilitation employees.
11. Visits facilities to identify safety and health hazards and obtain feedback on the quality of contractor supplied medical
12. Coordinates cross-functionally with all Human Resources function to ensure effective and comprehensive support.
Works proactively to foster a workplace of diversity, inclusion and engagement.
13. Responds to medical emergencies in the facilities to which assigned.