requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate
filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
The Inspection Service criminal background check is conducted using United States information resources only (e.g., FBI
fingerprint check, state and county checks). A criminal background check involves a 5-year inquiry for any location where
the individual has resided, worked or gone to school within the United States or its territories. As a result of this limitation,
the criminal background checks of individuals who have not resided in the United States or its territories for the preceding
5-years may not be considered complete. The Inspection Service may be able to process inquiries for U.S. Citizens only,
but only if their time spent out of the country was spent as: a trailing spouse or dependent of someone working for the U.S.
government (military or civilian), a missionary, a student attending school in a foreign country, a Peace Corps participant, or
as an employee of a U.S.-based employer/company. If the Inspection Service is unable to perform a complete background
check because of residency outside the United States, such individuals will be ineligible for Postal employment.
Performs a variety of distribution, and sales and customer support duties for postal products and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs any variety of sales and customer services at a retail window or lobby, which may include selling postal products
and services, accepting and delivering packages and mail.
2. Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers, offering assistance with product selection and use of
3. Maintains appearance of store by arranging and replenishing displays and merchandise racks; ensures display and selling
areas work stations, and storage areas are presentable to customers.
4. Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand; attaches and removes security devices; accounts for items on
display; and verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage. Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports to
the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
5. Distributes and scans incoming and outgoing mail at a post office, branch or station.
6. Performs any variety of mail processing tasks such as, preparing work area, loading mail onto automated equipment,
removing mail from bins and placing into trays or containers, monitoring mail flow and culling out non-processable items.
7. May perform additional duties as assigned including but not limited to maintaining records of mail; facing and canceling
mail; making emergency carrier relays; labeling and tying out mail for dispatch and other related duties for distribution.
Supervisor Customer Services, or other supervisor/designee.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement
to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans'
preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form
214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an
equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or
selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This
request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation
needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.