The Director of Administration and Employee Relations partners with the Sr. Director of Administration and Operations in order to fulfill the overall mission of the agency. The Director of Administration and Employee Relations partners with the Sr. Director of Administration and Operations within the departments of Human Resources, Payroll, Risk Management, Information Systems, and Office Management and partners with the Executive Director on projects as requested.
Under FLSA, position is exempt.
1. Partners with the Sr. Director of Administration and Operations to maintain all aspects of the Human Resource Department - Recruitment/Onboarding, Payroll, Training (i.e. CT Leave, Worker’s Comp, etc.), Benefits, and Workers’ Comp, FMLA and ADA Compliance, and Unemployment.
2. Coordinates and Maintains the Agency’s recruitment from recruitment strategies (i.e. recruiting, advertising and attending job fairs), sourcing, screening selections, hiring, onboarding and training (i.e. CT Leave, Worker’s Comp, etc.).
3. Assists the Sr. Director of Administration and Operations with employee relation matters (i.e. staffing changes, FMLA, ADA, Workers Comp and Unemployment).
4. Maintains the administration of benefit programs to include: health, retirement, dental, disability, workers’ compensation and unemployment including open enrollment.
5. Maintains the administration of Payroll to include: Data entry, uploads, consultation with payroll provider, troubleshooting, updating of personnel information and reporting.
6. Partners with the Sr. Director of Administration and Operations to ensure the Agency bi-weekly payroll is administered.
7. Proctor exams for medication administration re-certifications.
8. Conducts abuse, neglect or other internal investigations.
9. Maintains Agency policies and procedures.
10. Maintains the management of employee recognition programs.
11. Participates in Agency training (i.e. CT Leave, Worker’s Comp, etc.)s as the expert in Policies and Procedures.
1. Assists the Sr. Director of Administration and Operations in ensuring the agency’s policies and procedures are in compliant with DDS, Federal and State laws are complied with by all employees.
2. Works as the safety committee chair to develop functional strategies to support the functional infrastructure of the Agency. Chairs safety committee meetings 4 times a year.
3. Assists the Sr. Director of Administration and Operations with the successful delivery of compliance projects ensuring technical excellence and practical/agency driven approach. Support and/or lead on Agency projects as assigned.
4. Provides regular reporting to the Sr. Director of Administration and Operations and the Executive Director detailing any current issues or information as required.
1. Maintains the Agency’s Help desk.
2. Supports the office phone systems.
3. Liaison to the maintenance of office equipment.
4. Works closely with the Agency consultants and vendors.
5. Partners with the Sr. Director of Administration and Operations in the development of customized IT project portfolios and ensures compliance to all Agency objectives.
6. Maintain knowledge on emerging trends and initiate appropriate decisions for various technology.
7. Partners with the Sr. Director of Administration and Operations in analyzing requirements for the agency and developing projects in coordination with software and equipment personnel.
8. Partners with the Agency consultant to maintain the Agency equipment (i.e. Cell-Phones, Computers, Lap Tops, etc.).
1. Oversees the daily work of the Admin personnel.
2. Welcomes visitors.
3. Works closely with JCL’s vendors.
4. Order and maintain office supply inventory.
5. Coordinates internal shipments, including but not limited to water, carrier and postal services.
6. Board Participation – Prepare and distribute Board Materials, Attend and Prepare Minutes.
- Bachelor’s degree or five (5) plus years of experience working in the field of Human Resources and Management.
- Three years’ experience working within IDD field.
- Experience in DDS programs preferred.
- Competence in Google, Microsoft Word and Excel for Windows.
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal and intercultural competencies.
- Professional appearance and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate successfully and collaboratively with diverse staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Demonstrates good team leadership skills.
- Strong time management and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills and ability to work within deadlines.
- Demonstrate good understanding of fiscal responsibilities.
- Hands on experience managing payroll and benefit programs.
- Work is mainly sedentary.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to travel within Connecticut.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to complete significant amounts of computer screen work and data entry without restriction.
Deadline to apply is October 10, 2023.
Jewish Association for Community Living Inc. is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person