We are Subway Headquarters! A dedicated team of professionals supporting thousands of franchisees around the globe.
Hungry for a fresh, new career? Look no further because one of the world’s most iconic brands can help you get there.
The Subway Mission:
The Restaurant Design Specialist is the primary design liason between the franchisor (FWH) and the SMO/BD/Franchisee community. They are responsible for managing the flow, design review and distribution of design project requests for remodels completed by a 3rd Party Design Agency for bulk production. The Restaurant Design Specialist will design floor plans for all new and relocating restaurants in all markets that we serve.
The Subway Challenge:
- 25% Daily management of assigned SMO/BD territories within specific regions to be a single point person. Responisibilites include receiving and logging all design requests and facilitating day to day communications with SMO/BD(s) and Franchisees. A tracking log of work pending status will be maintained at all times that indicates all pending drawings that need to be completed as well as when that work was completed and sent to the field. At the end of each business day, work completed by the Restaurant Design Specialist as well as from the 3rd Party Design Agency will be documented in SUBS, identifying which jobs were completed so that they can be tracked accordingly in the company’s data systems. Be responsible for archiving fullsets completed by in-house and the 3rd Party Design Agency.
- 25% Utilize the current design software to create site specific floor plans that adhere to the company’s determined design and décor criteria for new locations and relocations. Designing remodels only upon assigment and urgent request. Each Restaurant Design Specialist will maintain an acceptable turnaround time on all floor plan requests and if unable to achieve an acceptable turnaround they will seek assistance through provided resources within the department as well as the 3rd Party Design Agency.
- 25% Work with 3rd Party Design Agency to share across remodel requests and all associated files/communications to support the completion of request. Receive and review for quality control the remodel fullsets from the 3rd Party Design Agency. Create the Bundle File for importation into the IPC Equipment Marketplace.
- 10% Design exterior mockups of existing buildings upon request utilizing Adobe Creative Cloud software products. Provide guidance on implementing the brand tradedress including call outs for exterior materials and finishes as well as signage.
- 10% The Restaurant Design Specialist will be available to their assigned SMO/BD(s) and Franchisees to assist with any questions that may arise during the planning and subsequent building process as it relates to the design and décor of the restaurant in question.
- 5% Gather and maintain documentation of all requirements and options for new locations and remodels unique to the Restaurant Design Specialist's assigned regions, Business Units and SMO/BD territories. Upload documentation to a team shared folder and/or Sharepoint team site.
Your Subway Super Powers:
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Interior Design, Architecture, Graphic Design or related experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in Interior Design, Architecture, Graphic Design.
- Subway or OSR design experience a plus.
- Certificate of Revit/AutoCAD Training Preferred.
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to create designs with internal teams as well as collaborate with vendors for design review and optimization.
- Ample PTO available with 9 paid holidays!
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits.
- 401k with 6% match.
- FREE breakfast and lunch everyday at Milford location (soon to be moving to Shelton, CT)! Also Dry-cleaning pickup and delivery service and ATM on-site.
- Postal Services on-site.
- Coming soon: On-site Daycare, Restaurants and Gym access!
- Life, STD and LTD plans available.
- Fun office environment with family feel to it.
- Membership to the GE Credit Union available.
- Discounts on programs/services available.
- Wellness and weight loss programs.
- Picnics & Holiday parties!
The Company is only considering applicants who are currently authorized to work in the country the position is based. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $61,500.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Milford, CT 06461: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- AutoCAD: 3 years (Required)
- Revit: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Milford, CT 06461