UTC | RASis a rail industry leader in the production of Gearboxes, Wheel Sets, Bearings, and performing Truck Frame Assembly for commuter rail vehicles. This full-time opportunity is for our Morton, PA facility.
There is a current opening within our Truck Frame Assembly Shop for a General Mechanic. Candidates with previous experience within a manufacturing setting performing general mechanical responsibilities will considered for this vacancy.
GENERAL LABORER / GENERAL MECHANIC
- Building, assembling, overhauling of railroad bogies (or trucks) and the mechanical components according to specifications.
- Maintains continuity among the Truck Shop or Wheel Shop by performing job duties and responsibilities in a timely manner, adhering to deadlines provided to you by the Shop Supervisor.
- Must be a team member with a proven job history demonstrating your trainability as well as general Mechanical Aptitude.
Qualifications & Requirements
- HS Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Work safely on and around heavy and moving machinery, frequently climb ladders and get on/off equipment, and stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis.
- Some mechanical experience is required.
Any candidate that may be offered employment will first have to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test in order to commence employment. A failure of drug test may result in the offer of employment being withdrawn.
UTC|RAShas a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
Expected hours: No less than 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Work Location: In person