La Quinta Inn by Wyndham
The Laundry Attendant is responsible for washing, ironing, folding and distributing all soiled linens, towels, napkins and tablecloths.
Education & Experience
High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred. Speak Spanish preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Follow are hotel standards, procedures, and regulations.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Understand operation of washing machines and dryers.
- Load and unload washes according to standards.
- Wash and dry all dirty linens, towels, rags, etc.
- Sort all hotel linen according to type, color, size, etc.
- Pre-treat all stained linen before washing.
- Clean dryer filter daily and maintain all equipment as trained.
- Operate iron as per standard and ensure that it is shut off at the end of day.
- Sweep and mop laundry floors, storing all linens off the floor.
- Remove and sort dirty linens and towels from laundry carts.
- Keep laundry carts clean and free of debris.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Sort clean laundry according to type and load carts.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Hours per week:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.00 - $11.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
To keep our employees safe, all guests and employees must wear a face covering in applicable areas. We also provide hand sanitizers for all employees.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location