The Chief Engineer is responsible for all administrative, financial and operating aspects of the hotel as they directly relate to the engineering division. He/she is responsible for the safe and profitable operation of the hotel.
Education & Experience:
- At least 5 years of progressive facilities management experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related management experience; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related management experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Stationary Engineer’s license if required by local code.
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations and general maintenance skills required.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Travel related to company business sometimes required.
- Supervise and train all Engineering staff in Customer Service, Empowerment, Standard Operating Procedures and Loss Prevention Standards.
- Create, approve and post all Engineering staff schedules according to the department standards.
- Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
- Develop financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings.
- Develop and implement plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets in an acceptable state of repair.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Create and implement a preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment.
- Ensure that all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per hotel standards.
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings to Front Desk. Take immediate action as necessary.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Administer all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
- Support and participate in all department programs.
- Lead and participate in hotel Safety Committee.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Extended hours
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Humacao, PR 00791: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person