School of Rock is seeking a part-time Drum Instructor to work with our talented students in our Ashburn location. This is an in person position.
About Our School Ownership... We own and operate three of the area schools – Ashburn & Vienna in Virginia, and Silver Spring in Maryland. We have a mission to be a great employer that helps local musicians supplement their income while doing something great – growing the next generation of musicians. Our teachers typically stay with our particular locations for years and we love the community we’ve built. Many of them have grown into management positions and continue to gig as well.
About School of Rock... We are the school you wish you had when you were a kid and wanted to rock hard with other like-minded young musicians. We are not only a serious lesson studio - we are also a place that incubates and inspires kids to pursue their musical passions within a community and collaborative environment. Our teachers are incredible musicians and are passionate about sharing their knowledge and growing the next generation of musicians too. We work as a team and love what we do.
- Paid Training on our proprietary teaching methods
- Paid schedule gaps and cancellations
- Great work environment with room to advance
- Great pay commensurate with your teaching experience
- Potential for paid time off and healthcare benefits as you add days/students
- A solid, consistent schedule that you can count on
- The ability for gigging musicians to earn extra money doing something part time that is fun and rewarding
- A true music community that fosters musicians
School of Rock instructors are passionate about music, are incredibly good musicians and know how to ROCK. We value your teaching and/or adult gigging experience (after the age of 21) and/or your music degree or some combination of all three. If you have the above, are reliable and have your own transportation then we want to hear from you.
Interested? Please respond to this posting with a note outlining your experience. This is a local, in person position, so please do not apply if you live outside of our area. You may add a resume if you have one but it is not required. Please do not call or approach our schools directly as we have a central hiring process.
To find out more, go to SchoolOfRock.com. You can also check us out on Facebook.com/schoolofrockashburn or Instagram @schoolofrockashburn.
Job Type: Part-time
We are following COVID-19 protocols as needed. Let's discuss during our interview process.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ashburn, VA 20147: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person