Kansas Lottery Headquarters-Shawnee County, Topeka, KS. This position is Unclassified with an annual hiring salary of $43,950.00($21.13 hourly).
- Conducts investigations and enforces laws of the State of Kansas, particularly those pertaining to the operation of the Kansas Lottery.
- Investigates criminal violations of altered or counterfeit lottery tickets, stolen tickets and related situations; investigate falsified licensing documents; conducts background investigations of vendors, retailers and potential employees as required by statute and policy; conducts retailer ADA compliance surveys and/or works with others on same, interviews victims and suspects during criminal investigations to obtain information; inspect retail businesses to ensure proper compliance with rules and agency policy and procedure.
- Provides back up to various security department staff to ensure department work is completed in a timely manner without interruption.
- Provide security for ticket printing, ticket transport and delivery, at headquarters and at all special promotional drawings and events. Will also provide security during MUSL draw lock downs, securing areas to prevent entrance or exit of individuals and information leakage.
- Write reports to document and communicate investigative findings by assembling information gained through investigations and interviews and preparing a concise and factual document. Execute subpoenas, warrants of arrest and execute search warrants as necessary.
- Participate in agency and department training activities and meetings. Performs other duties as required.
- View Full Position Description Here.
If you would like a PDF version of the full position description please contact Jayme Carpenter with the Kansas Lottery at 785-296-5726 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with coursework in law enforcement or criminal investigation, or related field, preferred.
- Must be a Kansas Certified Law Enforcement Officer at time of hire.
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Must take and pass a drug screening test approved by the State of Kansas Office of Personnel Services prior to hire and subject to periodic updates.
- Must pass extensive background prior to hire and subject to periodic updates.
- Subject to tax clearance upon hire and subject to periodic updates.
- Employees of the Kansas Lottery and designated family members are subject to the provisions of the Kansas Lottery Act, K.S.A. 74-8701 et seq, and the Kansas Expanded Lottery Act, K.S.A. 74-8733 et seq.
- Must be able to respond to afterhours emergencies within 20 minutes.
- Must complete Form I-9 upon hire and update and/or re-verify as required.
- By law, any person who holds or has held a license with the Kansas Racing and Gaming Commission may not be employed by the Kansas Lottery within five years after last holding such license.
Register by completing the online Personal Data Form at https://admin.ks.gov/services/state-employment-center/sec-home/state-employment/register-personal-data .
The State of Kansas Online State Application https://admin.ks.gov/services/state-employment-center/sec-home/state-employment/apply .
Submit cover letter, resume and a copy of your current State of Kansas Tax Clearance certificate as email attachments (PDF or Word) to Jayme Carpenter, email@example.com. If you have questions, please call Jayme Carpenter at 785-296-5726 or use the email address.
A Tax Clearance Certificate is required for all applicants. Obtain your certificate by following the instructions at the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html .
A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual’s account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. Applicants are responsible for submitting a valid and up to date certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. Even if you are a current State employee, you must submit a current Tax Clearance Certificate. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact 785-296-3199.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to contact the agency recruiter if reasonable accommodations are needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
The Kansas Lottery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively Seeks Diversity among its Employees.
Our mailing address is:
Kansas Lottery Personnel, 128 N. Kansas Ave., Topeka, KS 66603-3638.
Find out more about us at our website www.kslottery.com.
Find out more about us at our website