Responsible for developing computer application programs designed to meet the business information needs of the company as determined by the Director of Information Technology. Responsible for the day to day support and maintenance of the company's Support Center data network. Responsible for the day to day monitoring and maintenance of the company's wide area data network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, code, test, install and maintain documentation for application programs using such programming tools and environments as MS-Visual Basic, VB Script, Active Server Pages, MS-Access, MS-SQL Server and others as required.
- Install and configure server operating systems, operating system upgrades, and operating system patches as needed.
- Monitor server performance, propose hardware and software upgrades as necessary to maintain acceptable network performance and reliability.
- Maintain server and network security, including creation and maintenance of network user accounts and profiles as well as access to personal folders, and shared folders.
- Monitor daily and periodic network data backup schedules and processes to assure the availability of data and program resources in the case of hardware/software failure and/or catastrophic event.
- Install and configure user work station operating system software, operating system upgrades and patches as needed.
- Install and configure user work station application software, upgrades and patches as needed.
- Work with the company's WAN and ISP vendors to monitor and maintain the reliability and availability of the company's wide-area-network and Internet access.
- Other task and duties as may be assigned from time to time.
This position is located in Quincy IL. Remote work is an option but there will be at least a "Once a week" office day.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- LAN: 1 year (Preferred)
- Network Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place