At Bath & Body Works, everyone belongs. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture focused on delivering exceptional fragrances and experiences to our customers. We focus on recruiting, retaining, and advancing diverse talent where our associate population is as diverse as the communities we serve, live and work. In addition, we work to improve our communities and our planet in a way that will make us proud for years to come because we believe the world is a brighter, happier place when everyone has access to the things that make them happy.
We invite you to join Gingham Nation, where we invest in our associates through competitive compensation, benefits, and development opportunities, so they can continue to be their best at work, at home, and in their communities.
Summary: The Maintenance Technician can perform a wide variety of work to ensure that the facilities and equipment are maintained in a safe and effective working condition. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing work in all operational and Facilities areas, depending upon the immediate needs of the department. While Maintenance Technicians may have developed skills in one or more areas, all are expected to be able to perform general maintenance and repair in all areas of assignment, which may include equipment, motor and conveyor repair and maintenance as well as building maintenance including lighting, electrical and plumbing in any of the distribution centers.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals, schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to use electrical diagnostic equipment (to include digital and analog meters, and amp meters for AC/DC testing).
- Ability to work as a team member by interacting and communicating with co-workers and managers in a collaborative and constructive manner.
- Works with Supervisor to mentor/develop team and Tech’s in training.
- Work with Vendors aligned to facilities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to change load wheels on power equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair low and high voltage controls including fuses, relays, wiring.
- Maintains building, equipment, shop and storage areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Completes work orders for work performed and includes parts and inventory used.
- Document all work order activities to comply with MP2 requirements, providing documented records of the activities performed.
- Follow lockout-tag out procedures, confined space procedures, and other safety and environmental procedures and policies as required.
- Experience working in maintenance in a distribution center setting.
- Building conveyor maintenance experience required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Possession of a valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Prior maintenance experience with forklifts, conveyors, controls, hydraulics, pneumatics and building maintenance.
- Electrical experience with high and low voltage, AC and DC.
- Technical school or training desired.
- Computer skills navigating email/Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Proven track record of strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Welding skill preferred, but not required.
- Multiple shifts and locations available.
- Possession of a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Lead with Curiosity & Humility
- Build High Performing Teams for Today & Tomorrow
- Influence & Inspire with Vision & Purpose
- Observe, Engage & Connect
- Strive to Achieve Operational Excellence
- Deliver Business Results
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not make employment decisions based on an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status, and we comply with all laws concerning nondiscriminatory employment practices. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for associates and job applicants with disabilities. Our management team is dedicated to ensuring fulfillment of this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment.
We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.